Five RESDC Merit Scholarships, as well as the Theo and Evelyn Yakel Scholarships, are awarded annually to eligible immediate family members. We encourage all eligible high school students to apply for both the RESDC and the Yakel Scholarships. It is allowed for an applicant to be awarded both scholarships.
RESDC Merit Scholarship
RESDC Merit Scholarships are intended to provide financial assistance to RESDC members’ immediate family who are outstanding high school seniors planning to attend college.
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Be an immediate family member of a RESDC member. An immediate family member is defined as a child, grandchild, step child, or step grandchild.
- Be of good moral character and has achieved high personal and academic goals.
The application period for this year’s RESDC Scholarship closed on March 3, 2017. The 2018 RESDC Scholarship will be announced in the January 2018 NETWORK. Further information will also be available online at that time. For more information about the application process, visit How Do I Apply.
Theo and Evelyn Yakel Scholarship
The Theo and Evelyn Yakel Scholarships are available from the Yakel Scholarship Fund through the San Diego Foundation. This scholarship is announced annually in the December NETWORK. The scholarship must be used for college tuition, books, or fees.
The application period for this year’s Theo and Evelyn Yakel Scholarship closed on February 1, 2017. For further information about this scholarship, visit the San Diego Foundation website or call the San Diego Foundation at (619) 814-1343.
- Be a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a RESDC member
- Be a high school senior
- Be an American citizen
- Plan to attend a two-year or four-year college in the United States